I woke up mid-morning & went up to the Kilgore's to walk Lucy. CKIII was there. It turns out he'll be here until tomorrow morning, so there's no need for me to be there until tomorrow.
So, today, I was lazy. I didn't clean anything. I didn't work on anything. I just got in bed with a book & a cat. After about 2 pages, ATM joined me and we took a nice long nap. It was awesome! I need to be lazy more often!
The most productive thing I did was make a roast chicken for supper. It was my first time & it was great! I stuffed that bird with rosemary & lemon and gave it a nice lemon zest/rosemary/ground black pepper/olive oil/salt rub. It was so good and SO EASY. We'll have chicken for days (good news for SOLO) and I'll get to make some homemade stock.
Pre-oven:


The rub:

Ha, there's no "post-" photo, I pretty much started digging in as soon as it was pulled it out of the oven. Tsk! No self-control! No patience! But, it was very delicious!
2 comments:
I love the idea of a lemon/pepper/rosemary rub on the chicken. Roast chicken is so easy and so good - why don't I make it more often??
We were lucky - only lost power for about 30 minutes and it was early this morning. A lot of people up here lost power last night and it's still out.
I need to start photographing my dishes. Some are food porn worthy.
We weren't lazy at Mai Haus but we did get a Vino's pizza at the end of the day.
Post a Comment